Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2021 Explorer Limited and am interested in running boards, but don't want the one's that mount to the rocker panels. I prefer something that sits on frame mounted brackets, costing in the $250 range. 5" - 6" wide. Evidently there is nothing direct from Ford for the 2020/2021 vehicles.

Anyone have any information on this?

Rich

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2021 Explorer Limited and am interested in running boards, but don't want the one's that mount to the rocker panels. I prefer something that sits on frame mounted brackets, costing in the $250 range. 5" - 6" wide. Evidently there is nothing direct from Ford for the 2020/2021 vehicles.

Anyone have any information on this?

Rich
My wife’s mobility necessitated boards and my 2021 Platinum demanded classy ones. I just installed Steelcraft STX100’s: aluminum, 6” wide black non-slip step pad, polished stainless steel trim. Beautiful! Do not look like afterthought hang-ons. Check out Carid or Running Board Warehouse. You’ll spend $100 more than you are thinking of but well worth it. These outfits generally have sales going on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.