Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes when I start my 2021 Explorer the Sirius Radio is dead. Will not change channels, no audio. Happens about 1 out of 8 or 10 starts. Turning off the engine does not restart the radio. Car must be off for about 10 minutes for the radio to start working again. AM & FM stations work fine. Dealer just says "Have Sirius send a reset". This is not a Sirius problem.
Anybody else having this problem or know of a fix.

·
Super Moderator
152 Posts
Might be the BMS shutting stuff off. Put it on a trickle charger over night. Can't hurt and it may answer the question.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a similar issue with my 2020 Explorer. The way I get it going again is to do a "soft reset" on the radio. Hold the radio "power" button and the "Right arrow" (forward track) button at the same time for about 10 seconds. The screen will shut off and restart within a minute or so... the Sirius radio will work again (until next time).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sometimes when I start my 2021 Explorer the Sirius Radio is dead. Will not change channels, no audio. Happens about 1 out of 8 or 10 starts. Turning off the engine does not restart the radio. Car must be off for about 10 minutes for the radio to start working again. AM & FM stations work fine. Dealer just says "Have Sirius send a reset". This is not a Sirius problem.
Anybody else having this problem or know of a fix.
I had a similar problem and the dealer checked it and said he ordered a new module (there are 3 for the radio).. but the chip delay has made it not come in yet to this day. However, I went on the ford site to see if there was a OS update and there is. It doesn't say anything about the issue, but after the install, it took about a week and then, I have not had any issue with my radio since. Just my experience.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2020 Explorer does the same thing. A "soft reset" of the display fixes it (until next time). Press the radio "power" and ">>>" buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds. The screen will turn off and reset. After that, SiriusXM will work (without having to turn off the car and wait 10 mins).

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2020 Explorer does the same thing. A "soft reset" of the display fixes it (until next time). Press the radio "power" and ">>>" buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds. The screen will turn off and reset. After that, SiriusXM will work (without having to turn off the car and wait 10 mins).
I had the same problem, when I would get out of my car for a short period of time, like going to the grocery store, the Sirius XM would not work when I got back in the car but the AM & FM would. This was a Ford problem. They have come out with a new software version that fixes this. You must get your vehicle close to a WIFI connection and download the latest version of Sync or take it to the dealer and have them do it. The new version is 3.4 / 21194. It will take about 30 minutes to download and install the latest version but this cured the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is a somewhat old post, but my 2018 Platinum Explorer Sirius radio just started regular and painful loss of sirius signal. I updated my Sync 3 software 2 days ago and the problem is fixed.
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts