Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a discussion about this in the Explorer ST forum, but I couldn't find anything in this forum. I'm not sure how different the electronics are in the ST, so I'm entering this here too.

I have a 2020 Explorer (Platinum). Starting a few months ago, an issue showed up with the SiriusXM audio. If I drive someplace, then make a brief stop (like to get gas), when I restart the car there is no SiriusXM anymore. The icon is gone from the "Vehicle" screen, and it won't respond at all on the "Audio" screen... and there is no SiriusXM audio. Other audio functions still work (local radio, audio from my phone, etc.) I also noticed that when this happens, the "Valet Mode" icon on the vehicle screen is greyed out (can't be selected). It's as if something doesn't initialize properly after a short stop.

The only way to get it working again is to turn the car off for at least 10 minutes... after that rest, when it starts up, everything is back to normal.

There is discussion in the ST forum about doing a "soft reset" to temporarily fix this, waiting for a new firmware update from Ford, doing a "Master Reset", etc. but I'm not sure how much of that applies to my Explorer.

Anyone else experience this and have any answers?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FYI -- I tried the "soft reset" and that cleared it up... until the next stop. Then I had to do it again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I saw a discussion about this in the Explorer ST forum, but I couldn't find anything in this forum. I'm not sure how different the electronics are in the ST, so I'm entering this here too.

I have a 2020 Explorer (Platinum). Starting a few months ago, an issue showed up with the SiriusXM audio. If I drive someplace, then make a brief stop (like to get gas), when I restart the car there is no SiriusXM anymore. The icon is gone from the "Vehicle" screen, and it won't respond at all on the "Audio" screen... and there is no SiriusXM audio. Other audio functions still work (local radio, audio from my phone, etc.) I also noticed that when this happens, the "Valet Mode" icon on the vehicle screen is greyed out (can't be selected). It's as if something doesn't initialize properly after a short stop.

The only way to get it working again is to turn the car off for at least 10 minutes... after that rest, when it starts up, everything is back to normal.

There is discussion in the ST forum about doing a "soft reset" to temporarily fix this, waiting for a new firmware update from Ford, doing a "Master Reset", etc. but I'm not sure how much of that applies to my Explorer.

Anyone else experience this and have any answers?
Same problem 1 month old Explorer sometimes after a stop Sirus/xm no sound but it shows the station it is tuned too. AM/FM work fine. I'll try soft reset

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been doing the "soft reset" daily for a few days now.... it shouldn't need this, but at least it's a work around. Hold the physical "audio power" and "fast forward" (>>) buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds. The screen will go dark and restart (like when the car is started).... then Sirius/XM will work... until next time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts