Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i upgraded my Explorer from 2014 with a SYNC 3 system. I have to change some as built datas. Can me send somebody the VIN from his XP with SYNC 3 and please let me know, if you have steering wheel heater or heated seats

·
Registered
2 Posts
No help for our issue, but a question.

I did not know that you could upgrade to SYNC 3. I have a 2013 Explorer. Is it a big deal to make the conversion? What are the main benefits?

Thanks,

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would like to know his also. We have a 2013 XLT.

No help for our issue, but a question.

I did not know that you could upgrade to SYNC 3. I have a 2013 Explorer. Is it a big deal to make the conversion? What are the main benefits?

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
replaced it by my self. It is only plug and play, but you must have minimum an ELM and FORScan for changeing the as built datas.
Now i have all correct data for mine system

·
Registered
7 Posts
replaced it by my self. It is only plug and play, but you must have minimum an ELM and FORScan for changeing the as built datas.
Now i have all correct data for mine system
Yes but how is this done? Where can I find the details?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am thinking of upgrade to Sync 3 as well. I've got a 2014 XP limited, what part number did you install in your vehicle? I'm looking at a salvaged Sync 3 Head Unit and APIM with part number HJ5T-14G370-FCD from an explorer. Do you know if I'll have any issues?

·
Registered
4 Posts
i upgraded my Explorer from 2014 with a SYNC 3 system. I have to change some as built datas. Can me send somebody the VIN from his XP with SYNC 3 and please let me know, if you have steering wheel heater or heated seats
Check this out Navigator, I have spent weeks pulling things together and finally ran into these two absolute legends on CyanLabs community forums. Here is a link to that thread to help you out. https://community.cyanlabs.net/t/sync-3-4-upgrade-successful-but-with-minor-setbacks/1945/5

1 - 11 of 11 Posts