Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK Had my best front end guys check it out. Network Alignment here in NW Phoenix, very light ware, in fact did not even need a alignment at all. The only thing bad was the anti-sway bar links are bad.

·
Registered
177 Posts
What speed are you getting the vibration at? (45mph and below means something is bent, sepo tire, or massively out of balance, highway speed vibrations are usually 1.5oz off on the balance)

Does it stay constant at that speed all the time or does it come and go? (constant vibes mean a balance issue, intermittent means mechanical usually)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My original post was about how the truck kind of sways or leans to either side if I do a fast lane change and if I drive down a street it will swing back and forth if I weave back and forth. I have not know too many cars and trucks that do this like this. It seems to be over reacting to such moves. My first idea was soft tires, but they are running 32PSI. then soft springs and some kind of mechanical problem.

So far everything has checked out AOK but for the sway bar which needs new rubber bushings.

I do feel the LARGE tires are also part of the problem as decades ago my vans were mussy feeling until I converted them to 18 inch wheels and low profile tires, which changed a mussy truck to more a sporty like car handling.

I change my post to report we had found nothing was wrong, and should have left the original post so not to cause confusion.

Sorry.

Rich

1 - 3 of 3 Posts