Ford Explorer Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I need some help here my Ford Explorer XLT 2004, wich I love by the way and don't want to change it for a newer model, it's been having serious issues the RPM are fluctuating and if I take my foot off the gas pedal it shutdown also if I shift from P to any gear it also shuts down, please help me to find out what's wrong, some people tell me is the TPS others tell me is the EVAP canister, but the scanner shows no codes whatsoever, please tell me what to do, thank you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Plugs? How many miles? Cleaning the fuel system can't hurt. I've found reasonable benefit using a dose of Sea Foam. My Ram especially idled a pinch better and the throttle response improved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, it has 130,000 miles, at first I thought that the problem had to do with the fuel system so I changed the fuel pump, spark plugs are motorcraft brand new, the complete fuel line from the tank to engine is new, and like I said we've used 3 different scanners and there's no error code

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I need some help here my Ford Explorer XLT 2004, wich I love by the way and don't want to change it for a newer model, it's been having serious issues the RPM are fluctuating and if I take my foot off the gas pedal it shutdown also if I shift from P to any gear it also shuts down, please help me to find out what's wrong, some people tell me is the TPS others tell me is the EVAP canister, but the scanner shows no codes whatsoever, please tell me what to do, thank you.
Does it only stall at idle? If you keep one foot on the gas and one on the brake can you keep it running? I had that exact issue and it was the Idle Air Control Valve. The Idle Air Control Valve helps regulate the engine speed at idle. Mine only cost about $80 and it was two bolts to remove it. Just an idea

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey buddy , I have someone who can help you out with what you seeking for ....you can text him (913) 348-0889

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ouch! I feel sorry for the guy at that number.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts