Ford Explorer Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greeting All,

I am Michael and I live in New Jersey. I traded in a 2015 Honda Pilot for a 2018 Ford Explorer Platinum. I love the vehicle so far. I was a previous owner of a 2 door Ford Explorer Sport back in the 90's. I will post pictures soon. I am looking forward to being a part of the conversation to the extent possible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all! I'm Bobby S. I'm from Kansas. I recently picked up a 2004 4.0l Explorer in need of a timing job. This will be my first Ford engine build. Seeing as I've got the motor on the stand already, I figured I may as well freshen up the entire engine while it's out so expect I'll be posting quite a bit...I'm excited about this build. Never dug into the vast knowledge there seems to be about them Explorers! Also have a 2000 4.0 that will be a potential donor. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey everyone,

Just purchased a used 2017 Shadow Black Explorer Sport for the wife. Just checking things out, if there is anything specific I should know about the platform please let me know. Or point me in the right direction/thread.

I am no stranger to Ford Family, or EcoBoost Family. I currently DD a 2013 Focus ST (stage 2.5) and have installed all the mods myself.

Also if anyone has another key fob for sale PM me, thanks for reading and looking forward to learning more about the platform.

Previous Fords:
1. 1986 Ford Bronco II (with 302 V8 conversion) - currently in the process of selling.
2. 2001 Focus ZX3 (modded also)
3. 2006 Ford Fusion (wifes previous vehicle)

·
Registered
2 Posts
P - did you find out what was making the whoop sound? My Sport is very similar to yours in details. My wife thinks it must be the black/white scheme. Anyways, dealers unable to find the issue. I need to address before the warranty expires if possible. Seems to be from the rear AC. Thanks - B

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, this is James in Chattanooga. I'm on my 3rd Explorer - a 2013 Sport 3.5L Ecoboost. My other two were a 1995 Sport and a 2004 XLT. I've also owned several other Fords - mostly Mustangs. I'm currently resto-modding a 1965. I'll be submitting a post for help on a VCT issue I'm experiencing with the 2013 Ecoboost. Cheers All!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I am Steve, and I just purchased a 2018 Explorer Sport. I had been driving a GMC Acadia 2008 for the last 11 years, and the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I had a 2000 Explorer XLT before the Acadia, and one of the best vehicles I have ever had. So, I the Acadia was getting old, and I needed a new vehicle, and decided to go back to Ford. Looking forward to being part of the forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi my name is Don K7LHR I am a Ham Radio Operator and a life long Ford Owner. I retired from UPRR as a Locomotive Engineer (37 years). I did not want a car payment so I found a 2002 Ford Explorer Sport 4wd for 900.00 Bad motor. I have put over 3000.00 in it and mostly except for some small things it is a good vehicle. It is silver and black. No rust a few small dents on upper right hatch back. Not going to paint until I fix everything. The vehicle sat outside for over a year before I purchased so I have some problems from that. I have a question. The vehicles suspension parts are all in good condition. However there is no way to grease any of them. The vehicle squeaks and groans when I go over a bump. I have tried spraying silicone and white lithium grease on the moving parts but it only works For 2-3 days and then the squeaks and groans are back. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you Don

·
Registered
3 Posts
Robert checking in from Jacksonville, Florida. Bought new 2018 Ford Explorer Sport in "Burgandy Velvet" 401A package, double moonroof, split bench 2nd row seating, 500-watt sound system. Added step rails, wind visors, tint, explorer sport rubber mats and cargo tray. Installed divider for our 70-pound American Bulldog for the back to become his comfortable area. He loves it.

Previous ride was a 2004 Volvo S60R in passion red, owned since new, tuned and most of the bolt-on performance parts. Side-swiped by hit-and-run driver at night, and insurance totaled it. Also had a 2015 Ford Explorer Sport Black Edition for about a year, but sold it due to travel. Loved it so much, that's why I came back in 2018 for a new one!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm Dennis and have purchased a 2018 Explorer Sport.
I am puzzled as to why there are so many different antenna configurations for the roof mounted antenna. Mine has a shark fin style with a stinger attachment, but I have seen other models with a shark fin that has no stinger. What's the difference?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I'm Jeff.
Had my 2017 Ford Explorer Sport since new after trading in a 2004 Ford F-150 FX4.
4400 miles on it and on second oil change. Apparently the "Check Engine Oil Soon" light comes on after X amount of time, not mileage.
Researching led me here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the fold

Robert checking in from Jacksonville, Florida. Bought new 2018 Ford Explorer Sport in "Burgandy Velvet" 401A package, double moonroof, split bench 2nd row seating, 500-watt sound system. Added step rails, wind visors, tint, explorer sport rubber mats and cargo tray. Installed divider for our 70-pound American Bulldog for the back to become his comfortable area. He loves it.

Previous ride was a 2004 Volvo S60R in passion red, owned since new, tuned and most of the bolt-on performance parts. Side-swiped by hit-and-run driver at night, and insurance totaled it. Also had a 2015 Ford Explorer Sport Black Edition for about a year, but sold it due to travel. Loved it so much, that's why I came back in 2018 for a new one!
Also Robert in Jacksonville, FL (Fernandina Beach). I recently bought my 2018 Sport in White Platinum. Love it. My previous vehicle was a 2011 Fusion Sport. So far I love everything about this Explorer, except fuel mileage…. oh well!!! Can't wait to see what kind of goodies can be found here!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,
I'm James in Hawaii. I just bought my first Explorer 2013 Sport twin turbo Eco Boost former police vehicle 130,000 miles. I got a great deal but there are few issues I would like to get figured out. It could be an engine miss or transmission problems. Basically the car jerks and shudders when slowly accelerating but it isn't throwing a code. If you step on it then the miss goes away. The dealership is going to do a diagnostic for $90 but can't get me in for a week. The guy I bought it from said it's the transmission going out so that's why I got a great deal. Thanks I posted in the Sport forum too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Dennis. I too just purchased an 18 sport 2 weeks ago. I love it but after my second time through the car wash noticed my antenna mast had snapped off already. Terrible design and so im lookin for alternative options. Worried about reception with the shark fin covers and dont really want to spend a fortune on a stupid antenna....so here i am searching the forums for suggestions!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts