Ford Explorer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions on best wheel adapters. Want to widen the look on the explorer sport 1-1.5" and have read reviews from, "oh my God these are amazing," to "don't buy, my wheel fell off." hoping someone has solid personal experience with a specific brand.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looking for suggestions on best wheel adapters. Want to widen the look on the explorer sport 1-1.5" and have read reviews from, "oh my God these are amazing," to "don't buy, my wheel fell off." hoping someone has solid personal experience with a specific brand.

Im not going to get into the theology of wheel spacers and if they are the best solution for what you want to achieve.

In my option Spidertrax makes some of the best wheel adapters but I have no idea if they have explorer size. Look for hub centric ones.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts

The main thing is, just buy the right offset wheels. But if you must buy adapters, just make sure after they are installed and driven on for about 50-75 miles you need to remove the wheels and then re-torque the adapters. This will prevent them from loosening up down the road because of the expansion/contraction from heat. This is the main reason people have wheel offs.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The main thing is, just buy the right offset wheels. But if you must buy adapters, just make sure after they are installed and driven on for about 50-75 miles you need to remove the wheels and then re-torque the adapters. This will prevent them from loosening up down the road because of the expansion/contraction from heat. This is the main reason people have wheel offs.
Don't want to pay for new wheels. Plastidiped factory wheels and am happy with the look. Thanks for the tip on re-torque, but I'm really looking for brand names.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts